Wednesday, November 9, 2011

An Attack Is Not Taking Place Mix

The calm of the Fall months masks the impending behemoth of the Winter. The early morning fog unfurls into our streets, yards, minds. The short dark days distort our senses. It always reminds me of the day everything changed, because it was on a night just like this. When they came to our windows, inside our homes, as we silently slept. As they planned to the smallest detail their quiet takeover and made us their experiments. We would wake in our beds and go on with our days with the understanding that while everything had changed, we were powerless to do anything about it. So we continued to operate instinctively, as if on rails, on our linear path.

The Fall brings back many fond memories, though they are not my own. Over the years I have developed a fondness for my implanted memories and dreams. Where they choose to send me in this life is of little consequence to me. I am at peace with my faceless controllers. Green is go, red is stop. There is no fog anymore, and I prepare for the Winter as I always do. I hardly notice the programmed voice in my head that has sounded every 15 minutes for the last 10 years:

"An attack is not taking place."



An Attack Is Not Taking Place by MrClutchh

Tracklist:
Exile In La Mancha - Teenage Cool Kids
Astral Cowboy - Curt Boettcher
Kick Your Teeth - Cliff Martinez
Norkuy - Com Truise
Tokyo - Beaumont
Strawberry Skies - Games (Gatekeeper Remix)
So Close To Paradise - Elite Gymnastics
Double Helix - Emeralds
Remember - Oneohtrix Point Never feat. Tommy Lee Jones
Twilight At Carbon Lake - Deerhunter

No comments:

Post a Comment